Where has all of the time gone? I have not posted anything for such a long time, but I have had many new exciting things happening in my life.
We moved to a new home. It is a one story home and is quite a bit smaller than our last house, but I really enjoy the warmth and comfort it displays. Very homey!!! We are still settling in as most of the boxes are unpacked, we have more in the garage and pictures to hang. It is a block from my kids school, a half of a block from the Pittsburg State University Football stadium, 3 blocks from the bank and grocery store. Very convenient. We moved just in time also. As I have noted before, my condition has progressed and I can barely get up two steps now opposed to the 12 or so at the last house. God knows what he is doing!!!
My daughter Connie was married in November also. She decided to have the ceremony in Key Largo and was it ever a blast of fun. My wife, mom, daughter (Christy), grandson, and two sons along with myself drove to the wedding. We rented a mini van and took to the road. We were able to rent it at a much discounted rate thanks to some great friends. I spent so much quality time with Christy, Cannon, and mom and I loved being grandpa! He is such a blessing and such a good baby. I love them all very much. Had a great time with all of my children as Joe (son) flew down with Connie. I was able to walk Connie down the aisle and dance the father daughter dance!!! Oh yes, I gained a son in law as well!!! Welcome to the family Tyler!!
All of the kids came down for Christmas and we had a great time as always. I have a new son-in-law, grandson, my son Joe's girlfriend Jessica is an angel and as of recent my daughter has a new boyfriend that kind of shares a lot of the same humor as me. I sure love having fun!!!!
As I continue my journey I am often hit with the challenges of everyday life. Things I once took for granted are now a major decision. I am no longer driving because my arms would lock up as I would turn the steering wheel. Only for a few seconds, but it is not worth the consequences of hurting my kids or anyone else. I had a surge of energy the other day and was able to walk with my walker through the house. It only lasted a short time and I have been hurting and weaker yet ever since.
I went to my neurologist in December and she was a real bitch. She wants to redo all of my testing that I have already done. I asked her why and she said just to get a different perspective. I thought to myself that you can examine a turd from many angles but in the end it is just a turd.She did minimal on the exam and ordered a neuropshych test for April. She kept saying that my condition did not have the flavor of this and that, but I kept thinking to myself that it sure smells like shit though. I gave women a compliment on there thoroughness a while back. She must have too much testosterone flowing. The first thing every doctor thinks is that I am trying to ride the gravy train or I am crazy. I have already gone through 3 neurologists testing and they have all determined I am not crazy or milking the system. Maybe time is the main culprit here? As I progress she can better understand.
I feel very lucky to be able to share my life stories on this blog. I have my best friend laying in his home suffering the end stage of colon cancer. He is such an inspiration as his family is tirelessly taking shifts to care for him. My prayers are no longer to cure him of his disease, but to help him in his transition to the afterlife and to give his wife and children peace in this tragic event. I love the guy and he has always shown his character through his courage, honor and love.
I just got off of the phone with my other best friend, Matt (we have a group of best friends) and he told me how there is so much dignity in the suffering of dying. He quoted the Bible regarding God sending His only Son to be crucified and the ultimate suffering for our sins. He said that suffering brings us closer to God as we strive to get closer and learn of his teachings. It sure makes a lot of sense to me because I do not believe God punishes people he loves and forgives.
As I have been studying the New Testament, I am not being a preacher, just observations from a sinner.
Have a great day and I hope I do not wait so long to blog next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment